Cobra Mechanical: Apprentice & Journeyperson Plumbers
Lockport - Manitoba (MB),
Cobra Enterprises Ltd. requires apprentice and journeyperson plumbers for their mechanical division, Cobra Mechanical. The candidates will be responsible to perform general plumbing duties under and/or alongisde the leadership of Red Seal certified supervisors. Candidates must be able to provide support for their supervisor and other staff, deliver high-quality service, and show they are willing to learn new concepts. This position includes mandatory travel to off-site/out of town locations.
Wage for this position is dependent on experience. Cobra Enterprises Ltd. offers a competitive salary, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
General Manager, Journeyman Plumber
Cobra Mechanical (General Mechanical Service)
- Solder, thread, glue, all different materials of pipe
- Follow instructions to and assist the supervisor with each project.
- Acquire any necessary supplies as per the supervisor’s instruction.
- Clean and maintain shop facilities and equipment.
- Perform other related work as required and assigned.
- Complete minor maintenance and repair work.
- Advise supervisor of work that must be completed, where the assistant is not qualified to perform said duty.
- Gather all supplies and tools at the end of the day and ensure that they are put away in a safe and accessible place.
- Mandatory periods of out of town work.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Appropriate credentials and certifications.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Proven abilities, and strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and basic power tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. and up.
- Travel to off-site locations is required.
- Safety equipment will be required, (e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.).
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- May be exposed to high levels of noise.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified applicants should contact Cobra Enterprises Ltd. at: [email protected]
Apply with Resume
After the 90-day probationary period team members will receive a benefits package to assist their family’s wellbeing. This plan includes medical, dental, travel insurance, disability, life, disability, and other extended health benefits.
Cobra Enterprises recognizes the talent and ability of its team members; we strongly believe that career development opportunities are necessary for team member satisfaction in the work environment. When you join our team, we will encourage open communication to ensure that every team member has an equal opportunity to develop and grow through regular performance reviews. These reviews are conducted to keep open communication channels so that we can help each other provide the best work environment. We believe our team members are our most valuable strength and providing them with these opportunities will set individuals up for greater career fulfillment.
Workplace and Worker Safety
Safety is the utmost importance when it comes to working with Cobra Enterprises. We are continuously working on keeping a safe work environment by supplying training, putting precautions in place, and making sure team members make it home safely. Team members will have the opportunity to attend safety training to further career development.
Laughter, shared values, and a genuine interest in our team members’ lives are at the root of our company culture. We like to maintain this company culture by offering events and activities that bring our Cobra family together. Some events offered in the past are Christmas dinners, paintballing, and BBQs. We are constantly thinking of activities to help everyone enjoy great food, relaxing, and having fun.