Manager, Crop Industry Development
Carman - Manitoba (MB),
Estimated salary $75,089 - $98,671 a year
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be eligible for membership or a member of Manitoba Institute of Agrologists with Professional Agrologist designation.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba class 5 driver's license.
- Access to a personal vehicle for business purposes to attend meetings and other work locations as required.
- Physically capable of working outdoors, in various environmental conditions.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience and expertise in the crop industry including, but not limited to: crop production, crop protection, diagnostics, surveillance, research design, provincial and federal legislation, modern extension programming.
- Supervisory experience, which includes but is not limited to: leading, planning, coaching and performance management.
- Experience in strategic planning and project management.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to building and maintain effective working
- Masters or doctoral degree in Agriculture or a related discipline.
Reporting to the Director, the manager is responsible for providing management and leadership to the crops section, advice on technical issues, and administers and oversees the administration of the crop section’s programs. The incumbent leads and supports the implementation and co-ordination of strategic and industry development business plans and extension of programs related to the continued development and advancement of a profitable and sustainable industry. A detailed position description is available upon request.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.