Brandon - Manitoba (MB),
Pharmasave #478, located in Brandon, MB, is currently accepting resumes for a part-time Pharmacy Assistant to join their team! The successful candidate will work approximately 24 to 26 hours per week. The ideal candidate will have Pharmacy experience and have knowledge of dispensary functions. The usual shifts will be Mondays and Tuesdays from 9am to 2pm and Thursday and Fridays from 9am to 1pm. Wednesday and Saturday availability may be required.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, and under the supervision of a pharmacist, this role is responsible for performing specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations and standards of practice. The successful candidate must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. The candidates will join a pharmacy team that prides itself in delivering excellent customer service and a flexible working environment. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills and work well both independently and as part of a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY ASSISTANT
OBJECTIVE: Under the personal supervision of a pharmacist, to perform specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations. To assist in inventory control, supplies and housekeeping duties. Reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
The pharmacy assistant must be under the supervision of a pharmacist at all times. All dispensing functions performed by a pharmacy assistant must be carried out in accordance with provincial regulations and standards of practice.
- Receive written prescription from
B. PHARMACY OPERATIONS
Perform other tasks as outlined by the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacists. Generally, to include:
- Keep all areas of the pharmacy clean, neat and professional.
- Maintain adequate stock of pharmacy supplies.
- Answer the pharmacy telephone, with the exception of the doctor’s line, which should be answered by a pharmacist. All doctors’ calls and inquiries regarding prescriptions, copies, drug information and poisons, to be referred to a pharmacist.
- Assist with third party billing.
- Set up a schedule for outdated pharmaceuticals.
- Assist with inventory control.
- Assist with checking off and putting away pharmaceutical orders.
- Maintain stocks of pamphlets/consumer information.
- Maintain OTC/non-prescription sections, as designated.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Preference will be given to those who have completed formal education as a Pharmacy Technician or have retail Pharmacy experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and has experience multi-tasking.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers.