Casual Withdrawal Management Worker
Williams Lake - British Columbia (BC),
Axis Family Resources
Working in a 4 bed Withdrawal Management Residential Program where clients will attend for 3 – 5 days in a supportive and culturally sensitive environment. Main duties include monitoring of withdrawal management symptoms, assessment, recovery planning, medication management, and meal prep-planning.
- Training will be provided for all tasks required to complete during shifts.
- Benefits after 3 months for FT staff, including Municipal Pension Plan.
- Yearly increases according to collective agreement schedule.
- 24/7 support including after hours on call support.
Qualifications/ Education / Training/ Experience required:
- Willing to be open to learning and able to follow a support plan.
- Ability to be able to participate in daily living and recreational activities.
- A certificate or diploma in human services or a related field and/or experience working with adults with addictions are required for this position.
- At least 1 year of recent related work experience is required. Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community based programs and related provincial and community support is preferred
- At least 6 months previous related work experience is considered an asset.
- Current Level 1 First Aid (including CPR) Certification.
- Approved Criminal Record Check.
- Computer literacy.
- Safe driving record abstract.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Good verbal and written reporting skills.
- Good organization, time and house management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be solution focused and approach problems with flexibility and creativity.
Additional Information: A moderate level of physical fitness is an asset since direct delivery of program activities may involve standing, walking, exercising with the youth, bending, lifting, etc.
Union membership with CSWU. Competitive benefits package included for FT positions.
Closing Date: May 1st, 2020 @ 4:30 pm
E mail Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]
or fax to (250) 851-2977