Victoria - British Columbia (BC),
MAC Renovations Ltd.
$24 - $29 an hour
The Project Coordinator plays a key role in fulfilling the promises we make to our customers. They are fully accountable for the accuracy of construction documents, correspondence and reporting. The company’s brand and financial performance relies on the proper execution of the responsibilities of this role.
MAC Renovations is an established design-build company with a stellar reputation. Since starting out almost 40 years ago, MAC Renovations has built a loyal following of repeat clients based on a simple but powerful principle — be trustworthy. Not just in what you say, but in what you do. With all the challenges a home renovation can throw at you, it’s important to know that your contractor will be there — now and in the future. We see our team as family and are looking for long term members that share our vision and are excited to be a part of this journey. Our company & team earn high praise from clients and trade partners alike. Our success is your success.
MAC Renovations Ltd. values form the foundation of the company. Adhering to our values will help us build a strong and healthy organization.
Collaboration - People working together gets the job done. As a team, we share ideas and knowledge to learn from each other. We encourage cooperative efforts at every level and across all activities in our company.
Continuing Education - Knowledge is power. It is our mandate to always be willing to learn new ideas, practices, and techniques, and pass on that knowledge to our friends, clients, and co-workers. We approach every relationship and situation with the mindset that we will be able to leave that interaction with some new insight.
Integrity - We approach every project with the understanding that we will do the right thing all of the time. Our team members and clients deserve nothing less. Integrity is the foundation of any business relationship. We continually strive to maintain the highest ethical standards and honour all commitments. We take personal responsibility for our actions, and treat everyone with trust and respect.
Care - We genuinely care about our clients, our business relationships and our employees. We go the extra yard to establish long-lasting relationships with our clients. From the way we present ourselves and interact with the community, to the pride we take in delivering our services and mastering our respective skills and trades, we care about every aspect of our business activities.
We take adding to our team seriously and finding the right combination of DRIVE, SKILLS & ATTITUDE is something we are willing to wait for. We live by our core values and if these do not resonate with you personally, this is simply not the place for you.
You have the following characteristics:
- You have strong leadership skills – this is not the place for micromanagers
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence (EQ) – you have awareness of people and know-how to interact for results & collaboration
- Details and quality control are second nature to you – some may say you are meticulous
- Ability to anticipate/forecast risk & take appropriate action
- Exceptional planning & organizational abilities
- You hold yourself to high standards
- You are an effective communicator
- You are able to hold others accountable through leading, coaching & mentoring
- You show up for life with enthusiasm and it comes through to your team inspiring loyalty and confidence
- You likely have an entrepreneurial mindset which allows you to think on your feet and course correct for the best outcome – just because we’ve always done it this way is not how we need to keep doing it
- You enjoy learning as much as transferring knowledge to others – continual quest for knowledge
- You truly enjoy the work that we do and care about the client’s experience
Deliverable 1 – Procurement- You’re in charge of making sure that your team has what they need when they need it so that collectively we hit our targets for the project: Create and write a variety and a large volume of documents in a timely manner without compromising accuracy. Included but not limited to: Purchase orders, deliveries, ordering, confirming, change orders, matching those needs to meet schedules and following up with the team.
Deliverable 2 – Verify Project Details: You’re in charge of ensuring the t’s are crossed and the i’s are dotted. You will have a sense of accomplishment by creating a seamless experience for our clients, team, and sub-contractors.
“When making experiences, attention to detail matters.” – Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin
Included but not limited to: Confirming schedules, material availability, project documentation,looking ahead and proactively problem-solving.
Deliverable 3 – Project Administration Tying it all together through supporting the team, checking off the boxes and communicating to all stakeholders. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Included but not limited to: booking inspections, daily project communication, preparing warranty packages, forecasting schedule changes and timely project closeouts.
Deliverable 4 – Warranty & Small Job Management: You’re in charge of supporting our clients solve warranty issues when they come up and performing project management for jobs under 5K.
Required Experience / Skills:
- 3+ years in Construction, residential remodeling or high end new construction preferred
- A minimum of 3 years Project Coordinator experience.
- 1+ years supervisory experience
- Knowledge & broad range of construction methods & techniques experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to work in a diverse workforce
- Ability to deal with strong personalities, with a pleasant personality and a sense of humor, yet holding professional boundaries
- High level of detail-oriented, time management and organizational skills.
- Proven planning and scheduling experience.
- Competency with high-volume workload, and the ability to stay focused and make sound decisions.
- Ability to multitask while managing priorities in a calm manner
- Proficiency with computer/technology including PC and Mac
- Experience with the following software is an asset
o Sage 100
o Builder Trend
o Google docs/sheets
MAC Renovations offers competitive wage & benefits and really great perks!
- Competitive salaries (Position pay range is $24.00 to $29.00 per hour)
- Eligible for health spending account (after 6 months)
- Professional development funds
- We like to get out of the office and have fun! Annual family BBQ with staff, their families and subs, on-site staff barbeques, luncheons, Annual holiday party at really great venues and more!
- We uphold our promises
We look forward to meeting you!
- Extended health care
Job Type: Full-time
- administration : 5 years (Required)
- Construction, residential remodeling : 3 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- PC: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Victoria, BC (Required)
- clear and concise English (Preferred)