Banquet Chef de Partie
Victoria - British Columbia (BC),
Gorge Vale Golf Club
Gorge Vale Golf Club is looking to hire an experienced full time Banquet chef de Partie. We are looking for a team player with a passion for food and a positive disposition.
The successful candidate will have experience working as part of a close knit team within a fast paced kitchen environment, preferably in a similar role. A valid food safe certification and appropriate culinary qualifications are required.
Job Duties Include:
- Assisting the Executive Chef in daily operations
- Ensuring the club producing high quality food to specification
- Be able to organize and work with little supervision
- Ensuring all food preparation is completed to the Chef’s standard
- Monitoring stock levels & ensuring proper rotation to keep wastage to a minimum
- Creating daily specials
- Banquet preparation & execution
- Taking responsibility for the Banquet operations (in the Chef’s absence)
- Monitoring & implementing cleanliness and safety procedures to ensure a clean, safe environment
- Implementation and execution of new policies & menu changes
Gorge Vale Golf Club will provide the employee with a competitive wage, staff meal program, medical
Gorge Vale Golf Club is a private club located just minutes away from Victoria’s inner harbor and has the proud distinction of being one of the finest golf clubs on Vancouver Island.
If you are a team player that would like the opportunity to work at one of Vancouver Island’s most renowned golf clubs please send your resume and cover letter. We value the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
This is an hourly position that is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Banquet: 3 years (Preferred)
- cooking: 5 years (Preferred)
- Line Cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Victoria, BC (Preferred)
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes