COMM O 14R - Client Call Analyst
Victoria - British Columbia (BC),
BC Public Service
Client Call Analyst and Writer
Communications Officer R14
An eligibility list may be established.
Your skills, confidence and initiative will be valued in this challenging role.
The Client Relations Branch (CRB) is part of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), Executive Operations, which supports the Deputy Minister’s Office. CRB provides a broad range of communications services to the Ministers, the Deputy Minister, ministry Executive and the ministry in general. Services include drafting and editing correspondence and respective communication materials, responding to telephone enquiries from a wide variety of groups and individuals on behalf of the Ministers’ and Deputy Minister’s Offices, holding primary responsibility for record keeping of Executive correspondence and responding to e-mails from the public via the ministry’s generic mailbox.
CRB is also responsible for managing issues, supporting the complaint resolution process/policy, establishing appropriate correspondence policies in respect to Ministerial correspondence, client calls, CLIFF tracking system, eApprovals, statistical/outcome-based reports and other correspondence and communication matters.
As CRB is often the first point of contact for ministry enquiries, the Client Call Analyst and Writer must ensure accurate and consistent dissemination of information relating to ministry policy, programs and services; respond to calls and written enquiries from government officials, external stakeholders, internal government staff, other government agencies and the general public including Indigenous, non-Indigenous and diverse clients, that encompass a wide variety of issues often complex in nature or subject matter; use independent judgement, work with limited direction, provide a high degree of discretion and sensitivity in responding to personal and confidential concerns conveyed by ministry clients who are often irate or distressed; review and interpret all issues, concerns, questions or complaints and provide written or verbal responses, based on the results of investigation and information collection; or if appropriate direct the callers to the appropriate resource.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A Degree or Diploma in a social/community services or humanities field plus a minimum of 2 years work experience in a related capacity; OR
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of 4 years work experience in a related capacity; OR
- A combination of education and/or training, plus work experience that is directly related to providing information services to the public may be considered.
Work experience must include the following:
- Experience responding to challenging telephone calls, while maintaining a pleasant and empathetic tone/manner.
- Experience working in a public sector or service oriented environment focused on assisting vulnerable persons and/or their families.
- Experience receiving and responding to telephone and written correspondence inquiries from the public, often of a complex, sensitive or political nature and from individuals who may be distressed, hostile, confused or for whom English is not a first language.
- Experience identifying key issues and assessing and recommending options for resolution.
- Experience investigating policy and regulation and applying the information to practical situations.
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- Experience drafting Minister, Deputy Minister or ADM written correspondence and documentation, particularly in response to complex issues and complaints.
- Experience with CLIFF Correspondence Tracking System and Integrated Case Management (ICM).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES - You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.