Vancouver - British Columbia (BC),
The Shaughnessy Restaurant
The Shaughnessy Restaurant is one of Vancouver’s most pristine restaurants that is located in VanDusen Botanical Garden.During the month of December there are great opportunity for the right server to make great tips. We are looking for lunch/brunch & dinner servers!
Our garden restaurant provides a retreat like no other – casual elegance, soothing ambiance, and picturesque garden vistas. At the Shaughnessy Restaurant it all starts with our culture, which is focused on supporting our employees' personal and professional growth. We believe that if we take care of our employees they will be able to take care of our guests. Our culture inspires confidence and leads to caring service that comes straight from the heart.
We have Part-time Full time Temporary openings available! Join us and be part of an exciting place to work! Possibility to stay on further.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be enthusiastic, outgoing, positive and upbeat.
- Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Respond to guest requests in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner
- Accommodating and willing to go the extra mile.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of food and beverage menus.
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- 5 years serving experience in similar setting
- Wine knowledge for evening serving
- Experienced in fast pace busy environment preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous serving experience in a similar setting
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Attention to detail
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Weekend availability is a must
Please reply with your resume and cover letter. We look forward to meeting you!
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- server: 5 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (Required)
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking, confirming orders and relaying to the kitchen or bar staff
- Serving food
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Answering phone calls
- Placing to-go orders
- Prep or side work
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Reconciling daily cash transactions