Vancouver - British Columbia (BC),
Begin Your Rosewood Journey
We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day. If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you.
Rosewood Hotel Georgia is looking for a First Cook.
Plan, prepare, set up and provide quality service in all areas of hot/cold food production to include all menu items, displays/ presentations of appetizers, entrees, side vegetable & potato dishes, sauce, stock, proteins and sandwiches in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain and strictly abide by Provincial/Federal sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Meet with Chef De Partie/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties:
- Select, clean and prepare meat, seafood and vegetables.
- Handle seafood according to HACCP/Provincial and Federal health regulations.
- Prepare amenity orders for Room Service in accordance with specified requirements and hotel standards.
- Check P.O.S. printer at the workstation; ensure that it is in working order and there is enough paper available for the shift.
- Prepare and produce Sauté, Grill & Sauce from the menu items for designated Food & Beverage outlets.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Inform the Chef De Partie /Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef De Partie /Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Inform Chef De Partie /Sous Chef of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements/HACCP
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
- Assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process.
- Breakdown workstation and complete closing duties according to department standards.
- All other duties as required.
- Minimum six months to 1 year experience; previous experience in a culinary department for a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel.
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of food handling (Food Safe certificate). Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; ability to prioritize, organize and follow through; ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment; ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests' hot food orders; ability to maintain good coordination; ability to transport cases of received goods to the work station; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line; ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved; ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met; ability to differentiate dates; ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions; ability to comprehend and follow recipes; ability to expand and condense recipes; ability to produce creative and artistic food work; ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision; ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Must have experience in all aspects of the kitchen including basic pastry skills.
- Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We encourage personal and professional growth. Continue the Rosewood Journey through global talent development opportunities.
About Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Following its debut in the Roaring '20s, the legendary Hotel Georgia came to be known as Vancouver's most historic and elegant retreat. When it first welcomed guests in 1927, the hotel brought unheard of luxuries to the young city of Vancouver and Canada's West Coast. And it wasn't just the local society set that made the hotel the heart of Vancouver; Louis Armstrong, Ginger Rogers, Frank Sinatra, Laurence Olivier, the Rolling Stones and the Prince of Wales all added to the mystique of this irreplaceable piece of history.
Now unveiled as Rosewood Hotel Georgia, the fully restored Georgian Revival property has returned to its former grandeur with additional elegance afforded by extensive amenities and the impeccable service of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. From the painstaking restoration of Old World craftsmanship to the addition of the most luxurious furnishings and latest technology, Rosewood Hotel Georgia offers an unmatched combination of legacy and luxury - a return to the golden age of hotel travel.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rosewood-hotels-&-resorts/