Technical Superintendent, Asset Planning
Trail - British Columbia (BC),
Teck Resources Limited
Technical Superintendent, Asset Planning
Reporting to the Asset Planning and Reliability Manager, the Technical Superintendent, Asset Planning is accountable to effectively implement, monitor and control the Teck Asset Management Plan Development process. This includes developing and evaluating the Asset Planning processes, conducting analysis, and completing evaluations and documentation to support the aim of a fully developed Asset Management Plan Development process.
In conjunction with implementing and controlling the processes, the role is also accountable for developing physical asset management plans that provide long-term asset integrity strategies aligned with Trail Operation’s plant, equipment and infrastructure requirements needed to achieve the 20 year and 5 year business plans.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Help establish and maintain the Asset Management Plan Development Process documentation.
- Develop Physical Asset Management Plans that provide specific actionable tasks that are aligned with Trail Operation’s plant, equipment and infrastructure requirements needed to achieve the 20 year and 5 year business plans. Ensuring consistency, quality and fit-for-purpose information across the organization for input into capital planning, critical spares, shutdown scope, work planning, resource planning, strategy-based budgeting and the stewarding of decommissioned assets.
- Develop and maintain reliability block models to quantify asset system and equipment risk across Trail Operations.
- Engage with Reliability and Maintenance Engineering Technical Superintendents to coordinate the development of FMEA and Asset Integrity results needed for the plans.
- Monitor, analyse and improve the Asset Management Plan Development process to ensure fit-for-purpose.
- Maintain a prioritized list of the asset systems requiring Asset Management Plan development or review
- Track and report on the execution of approved Asset Management Plan actions
- Integrate appropriate Asset Management Plan actions into the 5YR and 20YR business plans
- Develop quality guidelines for Asset Management Plans being created by project Operational Readiness teams and provide acceptance assessments of Asset Management Plans developed by project Operational Readiness teams
- Effectively provide managerial leadership to a team of trained specialists performing the reliability and maintenance engineering activities necessary for the development of asset plans site wide.
- Identify and coordinate the delivery of asset
- Technical Diploma, BSc Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of reliability leadership experience.
- At least 10 years experience in a leadership capacity in an industrialized environment.
- A working knowledge of ISO 55000, Reliability Block Modelling and spares analysis strategies
- Experienced at performing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- CMRP certification or CRL designation is preferred.
- Familiarity with Isograph Availability Workbench is an asset.
- Change management / change leadership training and experience is an asset.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to plan and organize resources and activities.
- Ability to analyze maintenance process metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources