Human Resources Generalist
Trail - British Columbia (BC),
Teck Resources Limited
Human Resources Generalist
Reporting to the Superintendent, Operational Human Resources, the Human Resources (HR) Generalist is primarily accountable for the provision of support for performance management and compensation programs, labour relations, staffing and employee movement, succession planning, and also support of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all processes adhere to Collective Agreement(s); assists with industrial relations matters as assigned.
- Administers the management staff and unionized staff job evaluation process by writing, maintaining and evaluating positions utilizing the appropriate system; works with Joint Committee for unionized staff job evaluation in accordance with Collective Agreement; ensures all records and systems are updated accordingly.
- Maintains and updates non-union job descriptions.
- Administers the non-union employee performance management program and auditing for the compliance of the program.
- Works with Pay Office to ensure timely and accurate pay of employees; directs and works with Pay Office in addressing concerns and errors.
- Administers the Engineer's Salary Progression program, ensures that supervisors complete the applicable performance reviews, and leads the Committee in the analysis of the reviews.
- Provides administrative support for the annual salary review of non-union employees; ensures unionized salaries/wages are uploaded in applicable systems in accordance with Collective Agreement(s).
- Assists with maintenance for the applicable HRIS (i.e. JD Edwards and VIP) by ensuring accuracy and functionality; providing regular and ad-hoc reports; assisting users and providing training; identifying issues and implementing improvements.
- Conducts orientation and training for new hires.
- Assists with the recruitment, selection and employee movement process when required.
- Participates in the succession planning process by attending regularly scheduled meetings with management and keeping abreast of labour requisitions; providing information to business areas to assist with short-term and long-term planning.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources