Tofino - British Columbia (BC),
Pacific Sands Beach Resort
Estimated salary $14.00 - $15.50 an hour
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager and the Housekeeping Supervisor(s), the Housekeeping Laundry Attendant will ensure that all areas of the Resort are kept properly stocked with clean linens while observing proper operations of the housekeeping laundry facilities. A Housekeeping Laundry Attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, friendly, and able to address problems and/or special requests.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide 5-star customer service to all guests.
- Acknowledge and greet guests with a warm and friendly greeting.
- Perform quality cleaning to meet the required quality standards within set time limits.
- Assist with the stripping of dirty linens from guest rooms as needed.
- Sort linens for washers.
- Dispose of linens and terry cloths properly.
- Operate washers and dryers while ensuring that the correct chemicals and amounts are being used.
- Fold linens to Pacific Sands standards and keep stock organized in properly designated areas.
- Wash bed wraps, duvets, mattress pads, and blankets in accordance with Pacific Sands standards.
- Clean and maintain laundry facilities and storage areas.
- Assist Room Attendants with maintaining the cleanliness
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests (e.g. extra pillows, kitchen supplies, etc.)
- Answer and investigate all guest inquiries in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping, Guest Services, and Maintenance Departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all Resort safety guidelines and be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work well unsupervised, and at a fast pace, while maintaining quality standards
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills required
- Must be highly responsible and reliable
- Must be proficient in English, both verbally and in written work
- Previous Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant experience is an asset
Must be physically fit and able to lift moderately heavy items; must also be able to execute movements such as bending, stooping, kneeling, and climbing stairs when required. In addition, a Laundry Attendant will be required to perform repetitive tasks and he or she will be required to stand on his or her feet/or walk for long periods of time.