Tofino - British Columbia (BC),
Pacific Sands Beach Resort
$14.00 - $15.50 an hour
Reporting to the Property Operations Manager and Landscaping/Groundskeeping Crew Lead, the Gardener will provide for the comfort of guests by ensuring that Resort grounds and public areas are clean, groomed, and presented in an optimal aesthetic manner. A Gardener promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, friendly, and able to address/solve problems or special requests.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide 5-star customer service to all guests.
- Acknowledge and greet guests with a warm and friendly greeting.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment such as: twin axle-vehicles, leaf blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Perform garden bed maintenance by weeding, dead-heading, mulching, aerating, grubbing, trimming, edging, shaping, pruning, and thatch removal.
- Maintain hanging baskets by watering, weeding, and dead heading.
- Clean and maintain walkways.
- Maintain and/or repair tools, equipment and structures.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters and/or other grounds features.
- Mix and spray and/or spread fertilizers onto grass, shrubs, trees, etc.
- Work closely with Guest Services and Housekeeping departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Answer and/or investigate all guest inquiries in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Resort safety guidelines and be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work well unsupervised, at a fast pace, and while maintaining quality standards
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of work ethic, attention to detail, and organization
- Excellent communication
- Proficiency in English both verbally and in written work
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous horticulture or gardening experience is an asset
Must be physically fit and be able to lift moderately heavy items; also must be able to execute movements such as bending, stooping, kneeling, and climbing stairs when required. In addition, a gardener will be required to perform repetitive tasks and stand on his or her feet/or walk for long periods of time.