Terrace - British Columbia (BC),
Skeena Bioenergy Ltd. operates a newly constructed wood pellet mill in Terrace, British Columbia and conducts forest operations in the Coast Mountains Resource District. We are currently seeking to fill the position of Maintenance Superintendent.
The Maintenance Superintendent will oversee all aspects of maintenance operations, with a focus on safety, efficiency, and productivity.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
· Providing hands on technical expertise to increase production and maintain plant operations;
· Implementing and managing a preventive maintenance program that ensures operational uptime and reliability;
· Advancing the knowledge and skill development for the maintenance and operational teams;
· Improving function and reliability of plant operations by studying performance results in order to identify and recommend operational and maintenance changes;
· Implementing and utilizing a CMMS program in purchasing, planning, and scheduling work;
· Developing and implementing strategies that drive continuous improvement and support all elements of plant mechanical and electrical functions;
· Assisting with ensuring objectives in safety, quality, production, and costs are being met; and,
· Managing and developing relationships with equipment suppliers and contractors.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Strong safety leadership skills with the ability to identify and reduce risk throughout company operations;
· 3-5 years of progressive maintenance experience, preferably in Wood Products Manufacturing or similar industrial operations.
· Familiarity with computer based preventative maintenance systems.
· Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to work independently and embrace accountability;
· A team player who works well with others in a dynamic environment; and,
· A Journeyman trade ticket, a Technical School diploma or equivalent.
Industry: Industrial Manufacturing
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Vision care
- RRSP Match
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 3 years (Required)