Surrey - British Columbia (BC),
Estimated salary $25.33 an hour
This position involves providing technical support to staff at various locations as a member of KDI’s team. KDI technicians monitor and maintain company and client computer and network systems, install and configure hardware and software, and solve IT-based technical problems.
This position will be responsible for the smooth running of computers systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- installation and configuration of computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- communicating with staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshooting system problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- ability to lift and set-up computer and peripheral equipment
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
Qualifications include minimum completion of a 1-year certificate program in a computer sciences or related discipline at a technical institute.
Minimum 1-year IT Help Desk/Support experience as well as some customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Any Microsoft certifications and programming knowledge would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will need to show evidence of the following:
- self-motivation with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with staff to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- problem solving skills
- demonstrate a commitment to high quality, client service and excellent communication and organizational skills
- attention to detail
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to [email protected]
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.