Surrey - British Columbia (BC),
$40,000 - $75,000 a year
About the Company:
We are an award winning design-build firm specializing in luxury residential development. Our projects are located throughout BC and include single-family dwellings, townhouses, apartment buildings, and mixed-use buildings. Our firm provides architectural design and engineering services, as well as project and construction management.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced with Revit software to help with our building information modeling and construction design. You will be working closely with Avi Dhaliwal, the Principal of Canvas Homes. Avi has a degree in structural engineering and extensive experience in architectural design. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing company.
Canvas homes works on high budget residential (and some commercial) development projects. The scope of our projects often allows more creative freedom, design expression, and fewer constraints than typical residential developments. If you enjoy the challenge of larger project scopes and autonomy in a role, we’d love to hear from you.
There are two main parts to this role. New designs and building information modeling from provided drawings.
1. New designs: For new designs you will be involved in delivering the full design life cycle, this includes: feasibility studies, concept designs, preliminary designs, permit drawings, construction drawings, and as-built drawings.
2. Building information modeling: For designs coming from other architects and engineers for our construction management only projects, you will be required to develop detailed models for construction phasing and visualization, material take-offs and estimates, and scheduling.
We use Revit for everything, 100% of the time, all the time. It is crucial that you are experienced with Revit to apply for this role. Experience with construction projects in British Columbia is also a must.
Other Required Skills:
- ability to accurately read, interpret, and prepare architectural drawings, structural engineering drawings, and interior design drawings,
- ability to operate an integrated REVIT BIM model to collaborate with other disciplines on large scale projects,
- degree in Architecture or Structural Engineering (not mandatory),
- experience in commercial and residential construction,
- proficiency and experience with the BC Building Code and municipal bylaws,
- knowledge of LEED Guidelines,
- strong working knowledge of project design process, programming, planning, creative detailing, specifications, and building systems,
- strong communicator, excellent verbal and written English,
- attention to detail,
- time management skills, project management experience, results-oriented attitude, and
- experience with working in smaller teams, and a willingness to do what’s needed for any project, i.e. ‘that’s not my job’ is not in your vocabulary.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and portfolio to avi (at) canvashomes . com.Use subject line: 'BIM Technician Application for Canvas Homes'
The portfolio should include: examples of design projects using Revit, including floor plans, elevations, sections, and 3D perspective views. Photo-realistic renderings would be a bonus.
- Vacation & paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year