Customs Clearance Coordinator (Part-Time)
Surrey - British Columbia (BC),
BorderBuddy was founded nearly a decade ago to simplify the Customs Brokerage process through online technology and customer service. We help individuals and small businesses import and export their goods to North America.
We’re part of the A & A Customs Brokerage family with a dedicated focus on consumers and small businesses, keeping information focused and easy for everyone to understand.
Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn, grow and play an integral part in our business growth and successes. We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what BorderBuddy has to offer!
We are a values-based organization and a dedicated group of professionals who value teamwork, learning and development, and innovation. We take a great deal of pride in developing exceptional relationships and in supporting our community and our environment.
We thrive on helping people.
At BorderBuddy, we are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential by developing their skills and careers. We strive to be the best employer in our community and in our industry.
Our People Principles
Our Principles guide us in delivering on our People Promise. They commit us to:
- Create a team of engaged and committed A Players
- Make a difference to help employees learn and grow
- Truly care about your quality of life
Our BorderBuddy Team is looking for a part-time Customs Clearance Coordinator. As a member of the customs release team, this position will be responsible for preparing clearance documentation in a timely and accurate manner, completing customs clearance documentation, processing import documentation, and regular liaison with customs personnel and internal clients. You will assist in ensuring that all entries are released, classified and billed accurately.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling general inquiries professionally (internally and externally) over the phone, in person, or through email.
- Supports the Canadian business units and provides documentation and information requirements to facilitate routine cross border shipments.
- Prioritize and complete work according to client’s needs, customs requirements and standards.
- Accurate and timely customs processing for various types of shipments.
- Completing files in required time frame and in accordance with BorderBuddy's policies and procedures.
- Communicate with carriers, customers, and /or other government agencies for missing information or required documents including Canada customs invoices, and any other declarations required by the import regulations of the destination country.
- Other duties as required.
After 30 days you will:
- Have a good understanding of our programs including AREV, Google, and Slack.
- Train in pre-clearance and learn how to release simple shipments.
After 60 days you will:
- Release more complex shipments and get to know how AREV works.
- Train on the phone system.
- Work in Highway's emails.
After 90 days you will:
- Be doing RMD corrections,VI entries, paper packages, shortages, large Torrid, and Belkin shipments.
- Able to fix EDI rejects and getting your T status for assigning your own tariff.
- Minimum of 1 year Customer Service experience, required .
- Minimum of 1 year of Customs Industry experience, required.
- Communication Skills: Both written and verbal skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: you will be dealing with various agencies in the course of your daily work.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making skills.
- Extremely organized self-starter, flexible, highly independent with the ability to maintain records.
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, GMail, Google Drive, Sheets) .
- Self-motivated, able to learn quickly with a demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development.
- Ensure effective work habits, including punctuality, responsiveness, and accessibility to others.
- Must be fun, creative, and have the ability to translate that into an amazing customer experience!!!
- Certified Customs Specialist designation is an asset, but not required.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- This is a part-time role and you must have flexibility to work shifts on weekends or evening as our business moves to 24/7 coverage.
This position is located in Surrey, BC.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.