Richmond - British Columbia (BC),
Reporting to the Regional Warehouse & Distribution Manager or his delegate, the Assistant Warehouse & Distribution Manager is responsible for a site operation and/or training, work safety, food safety, security, process enhancement and other supervisor assign functions of warehouse and distribution department to support the effective and efficient operation and to meet company goals.
1. Budgeting and cost control
- Support the setup and monitor departmental KPI, and ensure departmental productivity goals are met or exceeded
2. Operation planning and process improvement
- Review periodically the operation processes to improve and ensure departmental goals are met
- Establish operation standards
- Oversee facility resources and plan for solution to potential capability shortage
- Oversee to ensure operation processes are carried out correctly
3. Warehouse & Distribution Work Flow Management
- Manage various warehouse activities include Transportation Management, Merchandise Dispatching, Inventory Control and Merchandising Receiving
- Ensure inventory control processes be strictly and effectively carried out
- Ensure inventory accuracy level meet requirement
4. Workplace health and safety
- Host work safety /food safety meeting and regular inspections
- Ensure food safety regulations / requirements be met in processes, environment and personnel.
- Responsible for staff selection, provide directions, supervision and training for warehouse and distribution staff in order to ensure efficient and profitable operations.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Brief team supervisors and staff when needed
5. Perform any other ad hoc duties assigned by the superior as required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Possessed a diploma or degree in supply chain/material management/inventory management preferred
- A minimum of Four (4) years of experience in warehouse and distribution operations, preferably for chain retail stores such as inventory control, receiving, storage, distribution, merchandising, retail, stores operations and market awareness will be an asset
- Must possess supervisory and/or managerial experience for at least 20 staff
- Must be detail-oriented and have a good sense in numbers
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and effective in team setting
- Ability to receive and give written and verbal instructions in a clear manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to understand Chinese (Cantonese &/or Mandarin) will be an asset.
- Proficient in using Windows applications including Word processing, Excel, Power Point and Outlook