Kumon Teaching Assistant (Richmond)
Richmond - British Columbia (BC),
Do you enjoy working with children in education?
We are seeking part-time Teaching Assistants to join our Kumon team in the Richmond-Steveston centre. This position is an excellent opportunity if you are considering a career in teaching or childcare, or have previous experience in these fields.
Kumon is the world’s largest and most successful after-school learning program for children. It is an individualized study method that enables students to become self-learners, develop learning confidence, strong work skills, and mastery of math and reading concepts by completing worksheets on a daily basis of increasing difficulty.
We are looking for dynamic, responsible individuals that are available to commit to working a minimum of two shifts on below schedule starting in May 2020:
Mondays from 3:00-7:00pm
Wednesdays from 3:30-6:30pm
Thursdays from 3:00-7:00pm
Saturdays from 10am-1pm
Responsibilities and Duties include, but not limited to, helping school-aged children (pre-K to high school) with their Math and English assignments; marking/grading in-class and home assignments; ensuring students’ classwork are corrected and completed; providing feedback to the Instructor through the observations of students; assisting other staff as needed; performing other duties as assigned.
Hired candidates will be trained. Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Enjoys, and must be comfortable working with children
- Proficient in Math and Reading a must (applicants will be required to write a short assessment test)
- Mature, detailed oriented, reliable, and team player
- Dynamic with positive personality
- Strong interpersonal skills, friendly, and customer service oriented
- Time management. Ability to prioritize tasks and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills interacting with students and parents
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in taking on tasks around the centre
- Previous Kumon student or prior experience working with young children a plus
- If hired, applicant must be able to provide a clean criminal record check
$14.60/hr and up
If interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating your availability to work on the above schedule.
Part-time hours: 14 per week
Job Type: Part-time