Job Coach - IslandOPS Program
Nanaimo - British Columbia (BC),
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd.
Estimated salary $26 an hour
ETHOS Career Management Group is currently recruiting for the position of Job Coach for
our Island Ops Program. This is a 3 day per week position. Wage is $26.00 per hour
The Job Coach works with Persons with Disabilities to assist them with finding and keeping
employment often utilizing Customized Employment or job carving. They perform detailed
step-by-step task analyses of job functions. Task analysis is used teaching tool to promote
learning and independent task performance using appropriate teaching methods, strategies,
and aids to accommodate specific learning styles and identify/arrange job-site
accommodations/adaptations to best support employment success.
This position will require travel to meet with clients, employers, supporting clients on the job
site until self-sufficient, monitoring work experience placement and providing follow-up
Essential Qualifications and required skills:
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field; Career or Employment Development,
- Equivalent combination of experience and education/training with applicable certification such as Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) designation or Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC) designation or Masters in Counselling
- Industry-recognized certification appropriate to Specialized Assessments preferred
- Career Practitioner training preferred
- 3 years’ experience working with Persons with Disabilities in a vocational setting
- Have a strong working knowledge and in-depth understanding of employment services needed to support Clients along a successful path toward employment that is sustainable
For the complete Job Description please see our website: www.ethoscmg.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00 /hour