Registrar's Office Service Specialist
Langley - British Columbia (BC),
Trinity Western University
Registrar’s Office Service Specialist
// Office of the Registrar
Position Purpose and Summary
The Registrar’s Office Service Specialist provides superior and friendly 'one-stop' customer service to all students through assisting with preregistration and registration procedures, student accounts, and academic records
Key Areas of Accountability
1. Resolve issues and answer questions for students and other clients through in-person visits, emails and phone calls. Make every effort to be a ‘one stop’ customer service department and limit referrals to other University departments. Make every effort to ensure that all customer questions and requests are answered and issues are completely resolved. Serve as a communications specialist for clients, with an emphasis on emails, phone calls, website, social media and other communication tools.
2. Process receipt payments and end of day balancing. Assist with students’ accounts receivables and on-going collections. Contact students in a timely manner and provide effective and accurate service with respect to student accounts. Maintain notes on student accounts with current and relevant information. Process account adjustments and transfers.
3. Provide administrative assistance to the Office of the Registrar as directed, including responding to email inquiries, answering phone calls and processing letters, processing syllabus requests, and completing degree verifications. Provide confirmation of enrolment and related tasks to students and third party organizations as required and within the limitations of privacy legislation.
4. Verify the accuracy of student transaction groups. Post and electronically file post-edit reports.
5. Perform data entry and assist with extenuating circumstances, course registration and withdrawal, and incomplete grade contracts. Provide backup for processing transcript orders.
6. Participate as a professional team member of the Office of the Registrar with a particular focus on improving service to students, parents, staff, faculty and others. Work in co‐operation with and act as backup for other office staff as needed.
7. Accept personal accountability for continuously improving performance, working cooperatively with all on-campus departments.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate positively in a cross- and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to uphold privacy and confidentiality.
- Skilled in the use of computers and familiar with various software, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and excellent numerical skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Able to work under time and financial pressures.
- Flexible in meeting deadlines and ensuring the delivery of professional registration, student account, and records services to the TWU community.
- Able to act as a team player putting aside personal preferences in order to seek the common good for customers, students and departments.
Driven and inspired by the idea of positively impacting the various marketplaces of life through the development of godly Christian leaders by serving the Trinity Western University community.
Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to TWU’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. Strength of character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging atmosphere.
Servant-Leader Way of Life: Act in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of the university and contributing effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the organization.
Key Internal Interactions
Reports to: Manager of Student Finances
Standards & Requirements
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Two years of post-secondary education required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience.
- Customer service experience required.
- Cashier experience required. Accounting background an asset.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Updated: July 2018
Salary Classification: 5
Agreed to by: Registrar and Executive Director, Human Resources