Quality Control Analyst
Langley - British Columbia (BC),
Donald’s Fine Foods
Position title: Production
Full Time Job:
We currently have an opportunity in our Operations Department for a self-motivated, results-driven individual who would be a positive addition to our dedicated staff. The Quality Control Analyst will become familiar with ensuring the manufacturing processes of the Company meet the food safety and quality standards as outlined by the company, regulatory bodies and customer requirements, with particular emphasis on food safety, customer satisfaction, productivity and environmental awareness.
Donald’s Fine Foods offers the successful candidate a competitive compensation package, excellent employee benefit program and RRSP. We offer an employee development plan including; regular performance feedback, a comprehensive development/improvement process, recognition for your team and individual accomplishments and specific developmental activities to ensure continued learning and development.
We require a detail oriented individual with a professional attitude. This individual is someone who thrives in a challenging, productive environment built on respectful collaboration and will strive to complete tasks promptly and adhere to deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality Control Analyst will stand on the production floor, perform visual inspections on every carcass and identify contamination, defects, and pathological lesions.
- Quality Control Analyst will identify and mark defects.
- Quality Control Analyst will maintain communication with viscera screener in order to identify and tag viscera with defective carcasses.
- And other duties as required and needed.
- Degree and/or diploma in a Science related discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, Biological Sciences, Animal Science) or at least 3 years’ experience in pork slaughter, identifying defects on the line
- Understanding of Quality Assurance principle and Food Safety Programs
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to pass CFIA training
- Experience working in a meat processing facility or manufacturing environment an asset
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks on a moving line
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Work well in a team environment and support team members with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Must able to work most shifts if needed
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- MSP Coverage and Extended Benefits Plan which includes medical, dental, and vision care.
- RRSP matching after a year of continuous employment.
- Salaried position with eligibility for Overtime earning.
- Day Shift, Monday to Friday (7 AM to 4 PM)
- Special Employee pricing on products.
Donald’s Fine Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note only those most suited to our requirements will be contacted.