Plumber, 2nd/3rd Year
Kamloops - British Columbia (BC),
FULL TIME TERM POSITION – PERMANENT DAY SHIFT 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
The Apprentice Plumber is responsible for plumbing related tasks involving the construction and renovation of relocatable modular structures. This position is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in portable manufactured units. The Apprentice Plumber ensures that the camps and fleet equipment is highly maintained for function, aesthetics, and components are installed according to plumbing scopes and prints.
Based in our Kamloops manufacturing plant, Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements. Successful candidates must have flexibility to accommodate changes to work schedule.
About Horizon North
Horizon North is a publicly listed corporation (TSX: HNL.TO) providing a range of industrial services and modular construction solutions.
Our modular construction division produces high quality building solutions for commercial and residential clients, including; offices, hotels, and retail buildings, as well as distinctive single detached homes and multi-family residential structures.
As a result of our well diversified offering, Horizon North is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of our customers in numerous sectors, anywhere in Canada.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Why choose us?
Great people who have passion for their work and who are excited by the possibilities of modular construction, people driven by a desire to innovate and do social good. That is what you get when you work for Horizon North Modular Solutions. We are proud of the work we do. Our customers rely on us explicitly to build their spaces: To live. To work. To thrive. We are on a journey to move construction forward and we want you to be a part of it.
Safety is our priority
Horizon North is a 2019 winner of Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture. Watch the video.
What you’ll do
- Complete tasks related to the planning, laying out of the plumbing components of the construction, repair and assembly of temporary and permanent buildings, additions, partitions and wood structures and fixtures in accordance with blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Read blueprints and specifications.
- Participates in all construction and remodeling projects involving plumbing, air conditioning or gas fitting changes and/or additions.
- Tends to the maintenance and
Who you are
- Must be a registered 1ST or 2ND Year Apprentice;
- 5 years plumbing work experience in construction settings;
- Working and practical knowledge of the applications of plumbing techniques and methods;
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade;
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills;
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures;
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints and as-builds;
- Ability to draw appropriate sketches to communicate details to team members, and others;
- Receptive to change - can adapt to changing circumstances;
- Makes suggestions for improvement;
- Must have valid Stand First Aid/CPR certificate;
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current; and
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.