Kamloops - British Columbia (BC),
Estimated salary $34.95 - $43.58 an hour
FULL TIME TERM POSITION – PERMANENT DAY SHIFT 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
The Forklift Operator is responsible for using a gas or electrical powered forklift to load and unload, move or stack materials or products. The Forklift Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle. 4+ years’ experience is ideal.
Based in our Kamloops manufacturing plant, Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements. Successful candidates must have flexibility to accommodate changes to work schedule.
About Horizon North
Horizon North is a publicly listed corporation (TSX: HNL.TO) providing a range of industrial services and modular construction solutions.
Our modular construction division produces high quality building solutions for commercial and residential clients, including; offices, hotels, and retail buildings, as well as distinctive single detached homes and multi-family residential structures.
As a result of our well diversified offering, Horizon North is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of our customers in numerous sectors, anywhere in Canada.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Why choose us?
Great people who have passion for their work and who are excited by the possibilities of modular construction, people driven by a desire to innovate and do social good. That is what you get when you work for Horizon North Modular Solutions. We are proud of the work we do. Our customers rely on us explicitly to build their spaces: To live. To work. To thrive. We are on a journey to move construction forward and we want you to be a part of it.
Safety is our priority
Horizon North is a 2019 winner of Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture. Watch the video.
- Daily pre-trips and/or post-trips for forklift/yard vehicle to check for problems or equipment failure and note deficiencies on reports.
- Stacks or piles materials in a safe manner at the specified locations.
- Ensures safe operation of designated forklift.
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
- Completes daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- Other duties as required.
Who you are
- Must have a Forklift Operator’s License.
- Air brake endorsement would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ forklift experience in an industrial setting or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Experience in shipping, receiving and managing inventory would be considered an asset.
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.