Kamloops - British Columbia (BC),
Estimated salary $15 an hour
FULL TIME TERM POSITION – PERMANENT DAY SHIFT 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
The Floor Layer is responsible for installing, repairing and replacing finishing surfaces such as carpet, laminate flooring, linoleum, vinyl and other types of floor coverings for new commercial manufactured portable buildings.
Based in our Kamloops manufacturing plant, Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements. Successful candidates must have flexibility to accommodate changes to work schedule.
About Horizon North
Horizon North is a publicly listed corporation (TSX: HNL.TO) providing a range of industrial services and modular construction solutions.
Our modular construction division produces high quality building solutions for commercial and residential clients, including; offices, hotels, and retail buildings, as well as distinctive single detached homes and multi-family residential structures.
As a result of our well diversified offering, Horizon North is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of our customers in numerous sectors, anywhere in Canada.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Why choose us?
Great people who have passion for their work and who are excited by the possibilities of modular construction, people driven by a desire to innovate and do social good. That is what you get when you work for Horizon North Modular Solutions. We are proud of the work we do. Our customers rely on us explicitly to build their spaces: To live. To work. To thrive. We are on a journey to move construction forward and we want you to be a part of it.
Safety is our priority
Horizon North is a 2019 winner of Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture. Watch the video.
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered.
- Measure, cut and install carpet, hardwood, laminate flooring, linoleum, vinyl and other types of floor coverings using appropriate installation tools and techniques.
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings.
- Ensure a safe work place through regular cleaning of work site, tools and equipment.
- Understand and adhere to all safety procedures of work place.
Who you are
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience in basic floor laying experience and/or experience working on construction sites. 2+ years experience preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of practices, tools, equipment and techniques associated with floor laying.
- Experience with cove base or cove up flooring treatments would be considered an asset.
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage a fluctuating workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.