Kamloops - British Columbia (BC),
Estimated salary $16 an hour
FULL TIME TERM POSITION – PERMANENT DAY SHIFT 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
The Drywaller is responsible for applying plasterboard to ceilings and interior walls of buildings. MUD & TAPING Experience is a must. 2+ years’ experience is ideal.
Based in our Kamloops manufacturing plant, Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements. Successful candidates must have flexibility to accommodate changes to work schedule.
About Horizon North
Horizon North is a publicly listed corporation (TSX: HNL.TO) providing a range of industrial services and modular construction solutions.
Our modular construction division produces high quality building solutions for commercial and residential clients, including; offices, hotels, and retail buildings, as well as distinctive single detached homes and multi-family residential structures.
As a result of our well diversified offering, Horizon North is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of our customers in numerous sectors, anywhere in Canada.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Why choose us?
Great people who have passion for their work and who are excited by the possibilities of modular construction, people driven by a desire to innovate and do social good. That is what you get when you work for Horizon North Modular Solutions. We are proud of the work we do. Our customers rely on us explicitly to build their spaces: To live. To work. To thrive. We are on a journey to move construction forward and we want you to be a part of it.
Safety is our priority
Horizon North is a 2019 winner of Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture. Watch the video.
What you’ll do
- Measures cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim using the appropriate marking devices.
- Tape, mud/fill and sand drywall ready for paint.
- Trims rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints.
- Cuts openings into wall boards for
Who you are
- An educational background equivalent to high school is required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a warranty provider setting.
- Must be comfortable handling and moving objects.
- Able to adjust order of priorities to complete assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able to manage stress in a busy work environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven setting.
- Able to work as a team player as well as independently.
- Must be able to work well with little or no supervision and possess the ability to use good judgment and initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively and build/ maintain positive working relationships with other individuals in & outside of the organization.
- Tasks outlined above are well-suited for a person who is self-motivated, meticulous, and practical.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.