Hope - British Columbia (BC),
Kambo Energy Group
Estimated salary $17 an hour
ABOUT KAMBO ENERGY GROUP
Kambo Energy Group is a social enterprise that designs and delivers clean energy services for Indigenous Nations, Utilities, Governments, and Commercial Buildings. Empower Me and Community Power operate as divisions of Kambo Energy Group. Across all of Kambo Energy Group’s divisions and programs, we put people at the centre, equipping and empowering them to make smart, safe, and affordable energy choices. Come help us realize our vision of providing clean and accessible energy choices for everyone!
Working in the District of Hope and reporting to the Construction and Housing Services Manager, this role will be responsible for installing residential energy savings measures and increasing the energy literacy of residents to help reduce energy demands. To thrive in this role, you are self-motivated, comfortable communicating technical ideas and concepts with strangers and are committed to the highest standards of customer service and safety. This is a temporary position from January to March 2021.
- Meet with residents and explain the role, process and benefits of energy savings and how they can better manage their energy usage in their home.
- Using your understanding of how energy is used in a residential setting, take brief assessments of homes such as assessing which products the residents could benefit from having installed.
- Install, program and educate residents about low voltage thermostats.
- Install door and window weatherstripping and identified air sealing measures.
- Install carbon
- 2-3 years of residential construction and/or energy efficiency experience. Carpentry or trade-related experience strongly recommended.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at relating to diverse groups of people.
- Experience working in a safe and respectful manner within residents’ homes.
- Exceptional attention to detail, an excellent communicator, and naturally collaborative.
- Strong computer software skills (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Fast learner and a self-starter who takes initiative to get things done.
- Commitment to abiding by strict COVID-19 safety policies and protocols.
- An Electrical trade certificate an asset.
- A vehicle and a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract to travel within the Hope area required. A car allowance will be provided.
Kambo Energy Group is a diverse workplace committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re interested in working with a team of passionate people who are building something amazing and having fun while we do it, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply on our website: https://kambogroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=61&source=aWQ9Mg%3D%3D