Construction Materials Technicians
Fort St. John - British Columbia (BC),
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is providing Construction Materials Testing for the BC Hydro Clean Energy Hydroelectric Project, a 1,100 megawatt hydroelectric development located near Fort St John, BC.
We are currently recruiting Junior, and Intermediate Construction Materials Technicians with academic training and/or experience in conducting CSA standard laboratory and field tests on concrete and concrete aggregates.
This is a site-based role, all employees hired will be required to mobilize to the Site C site on a shift rotation basis (14 days x 12 hours on 7 days off). Travel costs to and from the site will be compensated. Accommodation, meals and required PPE will be provided. Wood is offering competitive salary packages commensurate with education and relevant work experience.
At present, these roles are expected to continue until late fall/early winter of 2020 with the potential for extension after that point.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to work on a world class hydroelectric project while developing their career in the Construction Materials Technician field.
- Conducting concrete field/laboratory tests and preparing test reports
- Sampling and testing of aggregates
- Maintaining the lab in clean and tidy conditions at all times
- Communicating effectively within a laboratory and field team environment
- Calibrating and maintaining testing equipment
- Adhering to all Site Safety Absolutes and working safely in accordance with the Wood and Site Health and Safety programs
- Must have completed academic training in a Civil Technology program or have work experience that demonstrates the knowledge and experience to perform the work
- Will be required to have certification as a Field Technician and/or qualification as a Laboratory Technician in accordance with CCIL (ACI certification would also be acceptable and previous CCIL certification may also be considered)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to pass regular Drug and Alcohol and Medical screening as required for Site Access
- Good communication skills