WorkBC General Manager
Duncan - British Columbia (BC),
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd.
ETHOS inspires excellence through our exclusive business and career development programs, products and services. Our hands-on approach assists individuals, teams and organizations to clearly define and develop strategies, foster leadership and attain objectives.
WorkBC Centres help people find jobs, explore career options and improve their skills. Together, we help employers fill jobs, find the right talent and grow their businesses. Anyone can access these services in-person, through referrals from one of our Outreach Partners, or virtually online.
We are currently recruiting for the position of WorkBC Centre General Manager. As a member of the ETHOS Senior Leadership Team, the General Manager manages the contract deliverables and day-to-day operation of the Cowichan WorkBC Centres (including all subcontractors) and is the main liaison for other service provider partners and the local community. The General Manager collaborates with the Team Leader to ensure quality service delivery and appropriate client loads within the WorkBC Centre. The General Manager assists the Team Leader with Client Services Team evaluations, works in close collaboration with the Financial and Quality Assurance Managers and reports directly to the Director/CEO.
Duncan is situated in the heart of the Cowichan Region of Vancouver Island, half-way between Victoria and Nanaimo. The mild sunny climate of the Cowichan Valley offers endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. Enjoy our wildlife, hike our trails, surf our waves, comb our beaches and experience the west coast lifestyle.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
· Relevant Post-Secondary education in Counselling, Education, Social Work, Psychology, Business or related field; preference for Bachelor’s degree in Human
· Training as a Career Practitioner, including counselling theories and career assessment tools. CCDP preferred
· Minimum 3-5 years’ EPBC or WorkBC experience managing and being directly accountable for the performance of a team and its members
· Experience leading the development and implementation of program delivery and associated change management
· Extensive experience in group facilitation and leading meetings
· Financial management experience and ability to understand complex financial models
· Experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating the success of strategic plans, work plans, and budgets
· Successful experience in case management, career counselling and the career development field in general, would be considered an asset
· Coaches and promotes collaboration, conflict resolution and dialogue between team members
· Leads by example by being a strong team player
· Demonstrates initiative; meets the changing needs of the organization; open to new approaches
· Maintains awareness of one’s own capabilities and understanding of when to draw upon others’ expertise
· Proactively identifies potential problems and vulnerabilities; collaborates with team members to define potential solutions
Please see full job description on our website: www.ethoscmg.com/careers
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday, occasional weekends and evenings
To Apply: Please submit a résumé and cover letter
Closing date: Open until filled
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- EPBC or WorkBC Management (or comparable): 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)