Human Resources Manager
Dawson Creek - British Columbia (BC),
Federated Co-operatives Limited
The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 170 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services.
Dawson Co-op invites applications for the position of Human Resource Manager to join our team at our Admin office located in Dawson Creek, British Columbia.
The Human Resource Manager, under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, is responsible for the long-term strategic direction of the Dawson Co-op’s Human Resource Department. Primarily responsible for supervising and providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations. The Human Resource Manager is expected to take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform at a high level and in accordance with Dawson Co-op’s values.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, researches, reviews and understands industry trends and current best practices as an HR professional.
- Adheres to the practice and continual learning of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing professional networks.
- Ensures professional best practices are current, consistently established and implemented aligning with overall business needs.
- Engages with Senior Leadership Team to ensure consistent approach on all HR issues including providing guidance where required.
- Leads and collaborates in the development and implementation of project initiatives- talent management, workforce planning and talent acquisition, compensation, individual development and succession planning.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, provides leadership sharing organizational and business unit visions by, coaching and developing employees on decision making and strategic thinking.
- Collaboratively works with specialized HR functions to develop innovative, timely and cost-effective HR initiatives.
- Labor Relations- coaching and assisting with the disciplinary process, conflict resolution, communication and disciplinary meetings.
- Rewards/Benefits- Assist with communication to employees where changes to the position, title or leader occur.
- Health & Safety- Leads and collaborates with Health and Safety Officer on implementation of safety policies and procedures including Health & Safety committee inspections and investigations. Follow up with corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, consistently reviews, develops and communicates all HR related Dawson Co-op policies and programs.
- Oversees personnel management, including wage increases and promotions, in compliance with company policies.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, forecasts future employee needs of the Dawson Co-op and leads and administers a robust training and succession plan to achieve organizational depth.
- Plan human resource requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers through the development of strategic performance metrics and targets that are consistent with company goals.
- Monitor assigned payroll activities and program components for the purpose of ensuring effective department functioning, coordinating activities, and compliance with established financial, legal, and administrative requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in business administration, human resource management, or a related field required.
- Certification in human resource management by a provincial governing body preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a human resource specialist or generalist position.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR core processes such as talent management, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Able to make sound business decisions and evidence based recommendations to senior leadership team.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Ability to interpret and implement personnel related legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of labor laws.
Deadline: March 31, 2020
If you are interested in this opportunity or require additional information, please contact Steffi Thomas, Director of Human Resources, 250.782.4858.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to:
10200 8th Street
Email: [email protected]
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL)
13232 – 170th Street, Edmonton, AB, T5V 1M7
Email: [email protected]