Security Guard - Evenings/Nights
Colwood - British Columbia (BC),
$16.14 an hour
Location: Brookes Westshore School
Reports to: Client Manager
Wage: $16.14/hr ($15.75/hr +2.5% RRSP cash)
Shifts: Full-time - Overnights (2300-0700)
- Provide superior customer service to clients and general public.
- Provide access control and security foot patrols as needed.
- Proactively respond to and resolve emergency situations and conflicts.
- Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures.
- Communicate problems or concerns to the site supervisor.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities.
- Have knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations.
- Perform all duties with high safety standards.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a valid B.C. security workers license and a valid standard first aid certificate.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Must be minimum 19 years of age
- Must be physically fit and able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to work in a range of weather conditions throughout shift.
- Must be fluent in the English language - written, verbal and reading skills.
- Must have a positive attitude with a professional demeanour, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail to fulfill duties and responsibilities and incident report writing.
- Have excellent problem solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations.
- Have a demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
- Opportunities for advancement and in-house training
- Group-life, medical & dental coverage
- Free uniform and dry cleaning reimbursement
- Paid sick, vacation and personal needs time-off
- RRSP contributions and more...
Preference will be given to applicants who possess a valid B.C. security workers license and can work a variety of shifts - afternoons and nights as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.