Clerk MDS Production (Grid B) SW
Chilliwack - British Columbia (BC),
Requisition ID: 70104
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: BC Store Operations
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
Location: 4968 Sardis Safeway
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
- No previous experience is required
- Previous food production experience is an asset Key Responsibilities
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Handles production equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Build product accurately and quickly
- Work as part of a coordinated team
- Understand and follow all safety standards including safety training, handling of chemicals (WHIMIS), good manufacturing practices (GMP’S), and using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work at a consistent pace throughout the day
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Works in a Safe and responsible manner
- Must be available to work on weekends, day shifts, and night shifts Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Constant lifting and carrying of less than 10 pounds
- Constant standing
- Constant reaching below shoulder level
- Constant gripping and use of production materials
- Occasional bending and twisting
- Occasional lifting or carrying of up to 40 pounds including waist level and low level lifts
- Ability to handle a cool working environment of 1 to 4 degrees Celsius Why work for us: We offer regular pay increases for hourly employees, flexible scheduling and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes employer funded prescription drug coverage, vision care, dental coverage, and pension plan for eligible employees. If you want the chance to join one of the best retail teams in the industry, enhance your skill set, learn from experts and advance your career, this is the place to be. We are an award winning organization that is renowned for its inclusive work environment and recognized as a great place to work.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.