Burnaby - British Columbia (BC),
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance and health for life. Located in Burnaby, BC - Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a performance and fitness training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance and health for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com
Are you a Pilates Instructor who can integrate and collaborate with professionals in a multi-disciplinary team? Do you have experience working with a variety of clientele with a strong emphasis on athlete development and performance?
As a practitioner with us you will provide services by appointment to Fortius clients including, athletes, teams, and active living individuals in our Sport Medicine Clinic. As a practitioner engaged in our Pilates programming you will be actively involved in the development of related programs and services.
If you are interested in joining a team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education, research and the delivery of integrated services and programs we would love to hear from you!
- Provide assessments, consultation, programs and follow-up for clients within the clinic;
- Develop and deliver group and individualized programming;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues engaged in both rehabilitation and active for life pathways;
- Be highly organized, detail oriented and able to clearly outline and communicate the objectives and the purpose of
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a practicing Instructor
- Full certification as a Pilates Instructor through a recognized training-provider
- Preference will be given to those with rehabilitation levels
- Experience working with an athletic population and or managing the service provision for high performance teams is an asset
Some of the Perks:
- Discounted Fitness & Performance Centre membership and access to team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- Central convenient location with free parking and/or easy access to public transit
- May be eligible for benefits in a full time role
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.