Burnaby - British Columbia (BC),
CYC Design Corporation – Reigning Champ | wings ho...
Customs Coordinator – Burnaby, BC – Reigning Champ | wings+horns
As Customs Coordinator, you are an integral part of the inner workings of the CYC Design Corporation – Reigning Champ | wings+horns team. We are looking for an organized, thorough and energetic individual to maintain the efficient importation and exportation of freight, by ensuring timely shipments and compliance with all legislation, safety and security requirements.
CYC Design Corporation is the proud founder of 2 very successful high-end Canadian brands; Reigning Champ and wings+horns.
Founded between Tokyo and Vancouver in 2004, wings+horns is a contemporary menswear label integrating innovative fabrics with a Japanese approach to detail.
Reigning Champ, founded in 2007, focuses on year-round staples made with original fabrics. Emphasizing rugged construction and unrivaled comfort, the brand’s process is guided by its principles: Respect the details. Master simplicity.
- Accurately prepare documents required for the uninterrupted movement of goods across the Canada/USA border in both directions.
- Coordinate and expedite import/export shipments with shipper/vendor, carrier, customs broker and warehouse while prioritizing shipments based on order status.
- Manage any issues that may arise in the clearance of goods thorough communication and cooperation with all affected parties.
- Ensure that the mandated shipment information on customs invoices is provided to customs broker for customs clearance.
- File and manage any Duty Drawbacks with relevant government agencies and customs brokers.
- Complete all administrative activities required to ensure trade compliance with NAFTA/CUSMA/TPL/CETA.
- Investigate any shipment discrepancies by communicating with CYC Design sales team, our vendors and/or freight carriers and ensure accurate and timely inventory and/or customs adjustments.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of all import/export operational policies and procedures to ensure best practices are maintained in an ongoing effort to identify cost-savings opportunities.
- Track our key performance metrics as needed to meet monthly reporting requirements.
- Provide support and cross-training to the CYC Design Logistics Team.
- All other relevant duties as required or that may arise as the corporation evolves.
Customs experience; understanding of transportation and international customs requirements; computer skills Advanced Level of Excel; has an eye for improving and/or automating processes. Ability to effectively communicate and listen, strong organizational skills, excellent problem solving and a dedicated team player.
Nice to Have
Experience with Duty Drawback; Effective understanding and knowledge of Canadian, US and international customs requirements including Commercial Invoices, Cargo Manifests, NAFTA certificates, TPL and Temporary Import Bonds.