Faculty, Forensic Science and Technology
Burnaby - British Columbia (BC),
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
Estimated salary $48.47 - $96.97 an hour
Come share your passion for Forensics with the next generation of learners at BCIT!
BCIT’s Forensic Science & Technology programs requires a temporary, part-time time Instructor to teach a basic and advanced class on Mobile Device Forensics.
Short-term daytime/evening part-time studies instructor positions are available in the Bachelor of Technology program as well as various certificate programs. Instructor positions also involve responsibility for curriculum development and academic leadership. Candidates with significant industrial experience in forensics and security are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants should have demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
- Mobile Device Forensics (experience with Cellebrite UFED, Oxygen Forensics, Paraben device seizure, EnCase, etc.)
- Legal Procedures and Evidence
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Current relevant industry experience in Forensic Science Technology such as Mobile Forensics, and Computer Crime based Investigations.
- Experience in teaching at the post-secondary level (desirable).
- Qualified and accepted by a court as an expert witness is desirable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension
Salary prorated based on percentage and term of appointment. Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement.