BAND 2 - Organizational Development and Change Advisor
Burnaby - British Columbia (BC),
BC Public Service
Organizational Development and Change Advisor
Management Band 2
Regular, Full-Time, Burnaby
Salary range: $65,600.24- $90,900.08 annually
There are four (4) vacancies.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19, the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services, including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores and a growing number of BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand-alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres, and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection, and a high level of service.
The Organizational Development and Change Advisor partners with key business leaders to design and implement organizational effectiveness and leadership development initiatives to help achieve business strategy including but not limited to organizational development, change management, succession planning, assessments, employee engagement, performance management, leadership development, competency modelling, workforce planning and team effectiveness.
This position provides a high degree of consulting to prioritize organization, team, and individual development needs to support the achievement of LDB’s strategy. The Organizational Development and Change Advisor works with stakeholders to determine mutually agreed upon needs, solutions, roles & responsibilities, outcomes, and metrics of success and executes comprehensive organizational change management strategies and plans across the business.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. This position is excluded from union membership.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Corey Olson, Director, ODC by phone at 604 252-8558. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience:
Degree (preferred) or Diploma related to Communications, Business Administration, Human Resources or an equivalent discipline (Applicants with an unrelated Degree (preferred) or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution will be considered if they have related certifications or are actively pursuing related continuous education).
Applicants must have achieved 3 years of recent extensive related experience*. Applicants with 5 years of recent experience* are preferred.
Related and relevant experience* includes:
- Leading large scale change initiatives as a change management practitioner.
- Applying organization effectiveness and change management expertise across all aspects of change initiatives/programs, including: stakeholder management, leadership alignment, business process alignment, communications, change management, risk assessment, training and evaluation.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Developing and delivering organizational design initiatives and programs that drive a high performing culture, preferred.
- Applicants with related experience in retail or wholesale, preferred.
- Human resource management, organizational behaviour and effectiveness, change management, leadership development financial management, project management
- Working knowledge of PROSCI principles, methodologies and tools
Skills and Abilities:
- Leading and coaching senior level management teams to support the delivery of strategic results.
- Aligning HR and Organizational objectives and strategies; adapting theories and concepts into practical solutions.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen to support the delivery of services, solutions and results.
- Demonstrated ability to consult, develop and maintain strong working relationships with external and internal customers/clients and government stakeholders.
- Ability to apply theory into action/practice and lead to achieving results with a tangible business outcome/benefit and a focus on continual improvement.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal .
- Excellent ability to facilitate dialogue and resolution of complex issues with a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Effective and proven abilities in strategic planning, facilitation, presentation, organizational development and communication.