Abbotsford - British Columbia (BC),
Valleybrook Gardens Ltd
VALLEYBROOK GARDENS LTD.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Office Manager will be responsible for supporting the sales efforts of the Territory Sales Managers & Sales Reps, assisting the Key Accounts Manager with administration of large accounts and leading Marketing & Social Media projects. In addition, assessing and improving processes and existing practices to enhance efficiencies and customer service is a primary objective of this role.
Another key goal of this position is to improve inter-departmental communication and relationships within the office and to successfully manage the seasonal Receptionist and Order Entry staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Sales Team Support:
1. Manages all administrative tasks relating to the sales department including answering customer queries and complaints and ensuring that all orders are processed.
2. Develops a system for managing pre-books and ensures that these orders are released as planned and agreed with the customer.
3. Handles sales related calls, emails and faxes effectively and provides the Territory Managers & Sales Reps with office support while they are travelling.
4. Follows up with customers regarding errors or questions and attempts to fill any rack spaces and out of stock.
5. Oversees and checks the entry of pre-orders and pre-pricing information to ensure correctness
6. Manages the availability process and forwards all faxed orders to the order entry clerk for order entry. Together with the receptionist downloads all Excel file orders and forwards orders onto the Territory Managers to allow them to up-sell to their customers.
7. Communicates inter-departmentally to determine if certain crops need to have priority to move them quickly and works with the Territory Managers to action a plan to sell through quickly
8. Keeps up-to-date on the plant inventory in terms of condition, status and general location to provide information to both Sales team members and customers.
9. Helps the Sales team meet planning and pricing deadlines, creation of pre-book offers and collation of information regarding new product offerings
10. Generates the weekly sales report.
11. Keeps team up-to-date with Dispatch status and upcoming deadlines
12. Troubleshoots and is responsible for customer follow-up
Administration & Marketing:
1. Ensures that all contact information for customers is kept up-to-date and correct and manages the seasonal receptionist and data entry clerk.
2. Shares the responsibility to answer incoming calls (and other reception duties) when the reception desk is unmanned or overloaded.
3. Leads the development of Marketing strategies and plans, harnessing the creative ideas of the entire office team focused on promoting the brand.
4. Leads the creation of Social Media posts and the development and implementation of an exciting Social Media program.
5. Stays up-to-date with market trends and changes within the industry.
6. Assists with organizing trade shows and other events
Big Box Accounts Management:
1. Assists the Key Accounts Manager in the administration of large accounts.
1. Education: Grade 12 Education or equivalent
2. Experience: Knowledge of herbaceous perennials.
Two years nursery or garden center experience preferred. At least 2 years of Administrative and customer facing experience in a fast paced environment.
3. Skills: Must be familiar with basic computer applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets, and be able to quickly learn other applications as required.
Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and utilize these with both co-workers, customers and others as required.
Must present a positive and professional company image to customers.
Must be able to perform well under a seasonal workload environment with significant peaks and valleys.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /hour
- office management: 1 year (Required)