Abbotsford - British Columbia (BC),
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
Join the #1 Lawn and Garden Company in the World! The grass is greener on our side!
Are you looking for part to full time seasonal employment?
Do you enjoy hands-on, physical work and being outdoors?
Do you want a job that keeps you busy, physically fit and challenged creatively?
Do you want to work for a tier-1 Consumer Packaged Goods company?
Do you want to have the winter months off for travel/leisure?
Do you have previous merchandising and/or retail experience and are you willing to learn?
Do you have a passion for gardening/horticulture and/or lawn care?
If any of the above sound like you and you are interested in learning more, then we'd love to chat with you!
As a Merchandiser Counselor you will be merchandising in the seasonal department at Home Depot . You will be assigned stores in a local territory ( Abbotsford, Chilliwack ) . Travel to stores outside of your assigned territory may occur for training and support. Access to a car for all shifts is required. The Merchandiser counsellor position is very physical as you’ll be stacking bags of fertilizer, moving skidded product around on pump trucks, carrying product up and down ladders, and constantly stocking shelves.
This a contract position with an end date in June . There is however a high probability of extension into July/August/September.
Below are the type of hours you can expect per month
- 22 - 37.5 hours (April - May - June )
Typical weekday shift is 7am - 3:30pm. Weekday shifts are flexible.
Weekend counseling shift is required (Saturday 10am-2pm) from April to End of May.
Start date end of March
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 per hour
The RIGHT candidate will have:
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and customer service/selling skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high
You can be described as:
- Having business maturity (professional)
A few other things we’ll expect from you:
- Genuine interest in part-time, seasonal employment
- Amazing customer service skills
- Some weekend work is required
- Full access to a reliable vehicle along with a current, valid driver’s license and ability to travel locally by car (mileage is reimbursed)
- Must have basic computer skills and daily access to a computer with high-speed internet
Job Specifications (Minimum Requirements)
Skill Factors (education, experience, communication, technical, etc.)
- Progressing towards or achievement of High School Diploma
- Strong initiative, self-directed and able to work independently with little supervision
- Good organization and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills due to interaction with retail partners and customers
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English (fluency in French required for some territories)
- Basic computer skills
Effort Factors (physical and mental demands)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 54 kg (120 lbs.) with assistance on a regular basis
- Ability to climb a 2-4 meter (8-12) foot ladder and reach overhead
- Evening and weekend work is necessary
- Ability to travel locally by car as needed
- Works in “big box” retail stores with natural and artificial light exposure; forklifts and/or similar machinery is present
- Will be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity including indoor/outdoor working conditions
- Current, valid drivers license
- Driver’s Abstract/Record which meets Company criteria and must submit to annual Driver’s Abstract/Record check if re-hired season to season
- Must have access to a computer with high-speed internet and printing capabilities
THIS IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE OR EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DEMANDS THAT AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS JOB MAY BE ASKED TO PERFORM FROM TIME TO TIME.