Wainwright - Alberta (AB),
Best Western Wainwright Inn
The Hotel Night Auditor will be responsible for conducting a nightly audit, balancing and consolidating departmental ledger accounts, preparation of various hotel operating reports and taking over duties of the Front Office Cashier.
Hotel Night Auditors are required to work a late evening and usually through the night shift on the front desk. They will make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services as well as specific night duties
including the entering of accounting information and hotel security. In addition to their regular work duties, the Night Auditor must provide consistently high levels of customer service, ensuring that all hotel patrons enjoy their stay, and act as a spokesperson for the hotel at all times.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' concerns that may arise during the night shift.
- Follow up on all guest concerns to ensure appropriate action has been taken.
- Compile information pass-on data to relay important messages regarding guest, housekeeping or maintenance issues to various department managers.
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems.
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- Daily accounting data entry and reconciliations
- Post all daily room and outstanding charges.
- Balance all revenue totals of cash and credits against revenue report.
- Take over from the evening cashier, checking and accepting float and takings.
- Accept revenue and floats from restaurant cashiers, ensuring that these are securely locked away.
- Accept and lock away keys from various departments.
- Prepare hotel operating reports and complete audit package to laid-down standards.
- Correct any errors or omissions made by cashiers.
- Prepare Credit Card/Charge Card summaries and post to ledger account.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Complete Night Audit Checklist and other various projects as assigned by the Guest Services Manager, Property Controller or Hotel Management Team.
- Provide exceptional customer service with a smile.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a Hotel Night Auditor is considered an asset.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Strong working knowledge of hotel management/operating systems. Experience using Micros and CloudPM is a definite asset.
- Ability to coordinate employees between departments, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal departments, key business partners, and customers
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email.
Must be eligible to work in Canada.
The hotel is unable to assist with obtaining work authorization.
Please note – the successful candidate will be subject to a background record check.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)