Control Centre Operator
Sherwood Park - Alberta (AB),
Estimated salary $18 an hour
We are a major energy infrastructure business that has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade. This growth has provided our employees with stability, positive challenges, new career paths and opportunities to work in a dynamic team environment. As one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers we are proud to say no matter where your role at Inter Pipeline may lie, you are provided ample opportunities for valued contribution and innovation, with a strong emphasis on employee growth.
Located out of our Sherwood Park office, the Control Centre Operator will report to the Senior Control Centre Operator.
This position is critical roles to the safe and efficient operations of our pipelines. The Control Centre Operator will be responsible for achieving scheduled deliveries for the pipeline in an efficient and reliable manner, while adhering to all industry and company procedures regarding safety, security and the environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of Control Centre experience and/or
- 5 years of relevant, transferable skills from a similar industry
- Strong situational awareness with the ability work well under pressure
- Proven ability to work with extreme attention to detail
- Experience working rotating shift
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Monitor and control safety, reliably and compliantly all pipeline systems while maximizing throughputs
- Stringent monitoring of the leak detection systems to ensure pipeline integrity
- Perform emergency corrective action as required
- Ensure all alarm management conditions, procedures and responses are adhered to with attention to detail and proper communication procedures
- Maintain timely and accurate logs and reports to ensure that all pipeline activity is documented
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, resolve and escalate operational and safety issues
- Sustain courteous and precise communications with external and internal customers
- Assist with additional projects and extra duties as required
- Full time, 12-hour shifts, nights and days including weekends and holidays
As this position is identified as safety and/or security sensitive, employment of a final candidate will be conditional upon completion of pre-employment medical, drug/alcohol, and criminal background check assessments with satisfactory results.