Account Executive (Energy
Fort McMurray - Alberta (AB),
Convergint Technologies Ltd
Convergint Technologies is a global industry-leading organization that designs, installs, and services integrated building systems including electronic security, fire alarm, and life safety systems. To learn more about Convergint, visit www.convergint.com
We are currently recruiting for an Account Executive within the Energy and Industrial (E&I) business in Fort McMurray. As the Account Executive, you will be responsible for generating new business and growing existing accounts in BAS and Security including service and installation solutions for new and/or existing customers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Sells core business integrated solutions for service and installation projects including building strategic accounts and cross-selling
- Evaluates and targets potential customer opportunities within the marketplace.
- Develops and implements sales marketing strategies to penetrate multiple vertical markets
- Focuses on building relationships with consultants, key owners and building managers, contractors, and Convergint’s vendor partners to develop new business.
- Actively participates in the promotion of Convergint Technologies through networking events, trade shows, professional associations
- Translates a wide variety of customer needs / requirements demonstrating originality and ingenuity into detailed customized proposals, solutions or services and project plans
- Develops through collaboration with estimating and operations teams to prepare detailed cost estimates for suggested solutions.
- Pro-actively negotiates favorable T & Cs with clients on payment terms (timelines, milestones, mobilization) that maximize Convergint’s cash flow. assists with collections on projects where required.
- Reviews scope of work, terms and conditions in customer contracts including cost control, delivery fulfillment, and quality of service and other customer requirements as they arise.
- Documents and communicates clear project requirements to the execution team and the wider organization as required (pre-bid review, estimates, legal, risks and hand-over documentation.
- Identifies potential project risks and develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Proactively communicates project schedules, project change proposals and related project activities on a regular basis with customer and seek to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Executes all work in accordance with Provincial, local regulations, general best practices as well as company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Acts as “our customer’s best service provider” at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customer’s first choice for service.
- Communicates with and works with the other team members consistently to improve overall operations of the Convergint Technology Center, and company.
- Keeps up to date and informed on all company policies.
- Presents a professional image of Convergint Technologies at all times in appearance and behaviour.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering or Business or related field of study or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of five years of previous account development, sales or related experience within Industrial & commercial market in Fort McMurray is required
- Four years of experience in electronic security and Building Automation is required
- Advanced sales skills and ability to uncover effective customer solutions
- Solid teamwork skills
- Shows initiative – engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
- Very adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information; ability to influence others and build consensus
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Good demonstrated ability in strategic selling or large account management & advanced negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Solid knowledge and understanding of IT networking principles
Convergint Technologies LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from candidates, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
- Competitive wage;
- Immediate comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.);
- Employer contribution to RRSP;
- Work environment committed to safety;
- Reimbursement to support continuous learning
We have a great company culture, engage in Corporate Social Responsibility, work hard, and promote fun & laughter on a daily basis.