Edmonton - Alberta (AB),
The Young Men's Christian Association of Edmonton
When you work at the YMCA, you’ll play an important part in building strong, thriving communities while positively impacting people’s lives. Join our team at the Y, a place where everyone belongs — including you.
Are you a passionate leader who can inspire, coach and lead a great team? Do you have a passion for working with people? Looking to work for an organization that you can feel good about? Do you like being active and helping kids make healthy choices?
Role: The Business Administrator provides effective organizational, administrative and systems support for operations. Key elements of this position include general business administration duties, including account management, invoice processing, payment processing, cashouts and deposits, collections and event registrations. and members.
Hours of work: This is a salary position with 40 hours a week which may include evenings or weekends at times.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Role model excellence in service delivery and relationship building
- Document and report on service requests
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified needs
- Execute business administration tasks accurately and efficiently
- Maintain accurate, complete and current financial transactions and data management
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all administrative and service support duties by utilizing information for its direct purpose only
- Daily process to accurately update all EFT payments, verifying they are approved and released for collection
- Assist with mailings, reports and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist in the configuration, testing, training of new software or applications
- Process registrations and donations.
- Planning and Organizing:
- Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self
What You’ll Need for This Job
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration, Accounting, Office Administration or related training and/or equivalent experience.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Minimum 2 years of experience within the YMCA organization or a minimum 3 years administration or customer service experience.
- Previous cash handling experience.
What We Can Offer You
- A meaningful job in a caring work environment with a friendly and professional team
- A culture of honesty, respect, and pride in what we do
- An excellent compensation and benefits package
- A team that brings diverse perspectives and talents to the workplace
- The opportunity to grow into new employment opportunities
- A membership to our health, fitness & aquatics facilities for you and your family
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive organization that values diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to submit a Police Check including Vulnerable Sector Search prior to first day of work.
If this sounds like you, then we need to connect!
When you work at the YMCA, it’s more than a job… it’s where you’ll make a difference. Apply today!