Early Learning Childcare Educator - EDNW Childcare Centre -...
Edmonton - Alberta (AB),
Community Options- A Society for Children and Fami...
The Edmonton North West Child Care Centre is a non-profit, provincially accredited program that provides inclusive early learning and child care services to children ages 1 to 5 years. The Centre is a program of Community Options – A Society for Children and Families that has provided early learning and care in Edmonton for over 40 years. Our centre is proud to be designated as an Early Learning Childcare Centre, providing wonderful opportunities for supported learning.
We are currently recruiting a temporary/relief (casual) Early Learning Childcare Educator ( ELCE) position for the period of February 25, 2020 and this position will end on or before March 31st 2020.
The hours of work could vary from Monday to Friday between 7am and 6 pm. This position will also be required to have availability to work one evening per week as designated by the Childcare Centre until 9pm.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Location: 12823 - 116 Avenue, Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Temporary/Relief (casual)
Start date: As soon as possible
- The Early Learning & Childcare Educator (ELCE) works as part of a team to care for children in a positive, compassionate and respectful manner.
- The ELCE is a natural nurturer, promoting wellbeing and encouraging growth and development in children.
- This position is responsible for implementing an early learning curriculum.
- As a team player, you share a passion for providing high quality of care and services.
- This position may be required to undergo training during the course of employment as follows:
- ASaP training through GRIT
- Hi Mama Software
- Online courses and onsite mentoring for Play, Participation and Possibilities: An Early Learning and Child Care Curriculum Framework for Alberta.
- Brain Story Certification.
- Qualifications: At a minimum, applicants are required to have:
- Child Care Staff Qualification Certificate – Child Development Supervisor (or at minimum has the Child Development Worker Certification working towards Child Development Supervisor).
- Completion of an Early Learning Child Care diploma.
- Standard Childcare First Aid and CPR – applicant is responsible for this cost and must have this completion within 90 days of hire.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate Intentional Teaching and Planning methods.
- Current clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check
- Annual membership to AECEA may be required within 90 days of hire
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Job Type: Temporary
- Child Development Supervisor - Childcare staff certification (Required)