Edmonton - Alberta (AB),
Associated Engineering Group of Companies
Estimated salary $15.50 - $18.00 an hour
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
We currently have an opening for a Wetland Ecologist in our Edmonton office.
Your experience is related to wetland ecology and project management. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of field and office based tasks which will require knowledge in the methods for wetland delineation and classification, plant (including rare and noxious) species identification, and field description of soils. Knowledge and experience with GIS is an asset.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company. Our growing Edmonton office provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with an aptitude for consulting.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Managing projects and project tasks.
- Managing and executing wetland field delineation programs.
- Providing guidance to team members and clients that reflects industry best management practices and best available science.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Preparing high quality reports and contributing to proposal writing.
- Providing technical assistance,
What you will bring to the table
- Undergraduate degree (B.Sc.) in a pure or applied science (e.g. Environmental Science, Land Reclamation, Botany, Wetland Ecology), graduate degree (M.Sc.) preferred.
- Professional registration with the Alberta Institute of Agrologists or Alberta Society of Professional Biologists.
- 8 - 10 years post-graduation experience in environmental consulting.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience conducting wetland assessments and proficiency with plant identification and soil classification.
- Excellent project management, leadership, and mentorship skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills; strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- A strong understanding of relevant provincial and federal legislation, regulation and permitting processes related to technical background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a genuine interest in working as part of the team.
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to: Suzanne Card ([email protected]) – please include the position title and location in the subject line. If you wish to be considered for other similar positions, please create an account and apply through our application system. We thank all applicants but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.