Coordinator - Aircraft Material
Calgary - Alberta (AB),
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
What this role is all about:
This role is responsible for supporting our Business Unit partners in ensuring that aircraft tools, parts, shop supplies and information is readily available and inventory levels are maintained while optimizing cost, storage space requirements and usage levels for all bases within the WestJet network. The Coordinator or Aircraft Materials is also responsible for the overall in and out flow of all WestJet Technical and non-technical inventory. You will ensure all Dangerous Goods Materials are handled in accordance with Transportation of Dangerous Goods Guidelines and IATA Dangerous Goods Shipping Requirements (upon certification) while ensuring inventory transactions are accurately recorded in the Computer Tracking System.
What you have:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a Stores Warehousing environment with an emphasis on inventory management practices
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a Shipping/Receiving environment
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
- Must hold a valid (Alberta, BC, or Ontario) Class 5/G Driver’s License and have a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance within 6 months of start date
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Vehicle Operator’s License within 6 months of start date
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs repetitively, in addition, must be able to meet physical demands of an environment where you will be walking, climbing and bending repetitively
- Must be able to work shift work – including night shift
- Inventory Management Accredited Program diploma is an asset
- Knowledge of Aviation parts an asset
- Experience in a procurement related role an asset
- Forklift operator experience an asset
- IATA Dangerous Goods Certificate or Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate is an asset
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
Awards and Recognition
WestJetters aren't the only ones that think WestJet is a great place to land. We’ve received awards distinguishing our work environment, culture, and more.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit westjet.com.