Calgary - Alberta (AB),
Trotter & Morton Group of Companies
Estimated salary $15 - $17 an hour
Bow River Paving, part of the Trotter & Morton Group of Companies, has been providing asphalt paving services for private and commercial projects in Alberta since 1991. Our operations also include grading, gravelling, and snow removal services.
Bow River is currently looking to hire a Concrete Finisher who will contribute to our team of dedicated personnel by bringing their experience and high-quality workmanship to every project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Check formwork, granular base, and steel reinforcement material
- Direct placement of concrete into forms or surfaces
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Finish concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Repair, resurface, and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Strong attention to detail
- Pride in quality workmanship
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to work as part of a team
- Minimum of two years' experience in concrete
- Able to work outdoors
- CSTS certificate
- Flagger Training (Job Dependent)
- Valid Class 5 (or better) Driver’s License
- Clean Drivers Abstract
Our Commitment to Diversity
The Trotter & Morton Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring talented, qualified professionals without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground and to providing an environment without discrimination.
Every effort is made to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities and to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, and transfers are based solely on skills and capabilities, job requirements, job performance, and other job-related criteria.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.