Calgary - Alberta (AB),
Reference Code: 83141
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Job Category: Administration
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 04/14/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy is seeking a driven Administrative Analyst to support our Controller team. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Financial Services, you will contribute to our success by providing administration support to the Corporate Financial Services team as well as the broader Controller department. In this role, you will collaborate and build relationships with other administrative staff to support the overall department and team. Your helpful and positive attitude will be valued in this high pace environment.
What you’ll do
- Provide administrative support to Directors and Managers, and general support to the Calgary based Controllers team
- Manage requests such as employee status changes, new hires and other personnel changes within SAP and other applications
- Support new hire process including confirmation of system access and workspace setup
- Support preparation and management of department budgets and forecasts
- Support preparation of quarterly and annual public disclosure documents (overtime generally required)
- Provide guidance/assistance to team members on company programs and processes such as time reporting, expense reporting, and training
- Approve SAP and other system access requests
- Preparation and analysis of corporate expense project reports
- Assist with the preparation of documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Perform administrative support functions (e.g. scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, and setting up meeting rooms)
- Manage office equipment and supplies, workspace issues, and coordination of incoming and outgoing mail
- Make travel arrangements including sourcing airfares/hotels/car rentals for the best price
- Assemble quarterly binders for
- High school diploma, preferably with completion of a post-secondary certificate in administration or accounting
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience
- Intermediate to advanced desktop computer skills and use of the MS Office suite, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Positive team player that takes initiative
- High level of self-motivation to work independently within a high-volume team environment with minimal direct supervision
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills to manage work direction from multiple sources
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to exercise initiative and prioritize work effectively and manage tight deadlines and schedules
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Strong working knowledge of SAP human resources and accounting processes
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 04/14/2021 using reference code 83141. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting [email protected]