LEGAL ASSISTANT/ PARALEGAL
Calgary - Alberta (AB),
Estimated salary $18 an hour
Shield Law has over 20 years of experience dealing in areas of criminal, civil and family law. We have a central office in downtown Calgary and are soon expanding into Brooks. We are looking for motivated, talented and driven people to assist our business.
Shield Law is looking for an experienced paralegal [3+ years], to assist the team particularly with civil litigation, family and estate matters. Other practice area experience is considered an asset.
This is the right time for someone that is willing to work hard, is self-motivated, dedicated and able to manage a fast paced environment of a rapidly growing clientele base.
Base rate plus a flexible commission structure based on work output.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Daily Time postings, billings to Clients and A/R Collections
· Filing, file maintenance, handling incoming/outgoing mail and Calendar management
· Fielding client inquiries via telephone contact/management
· Preliminary to extensive drafting and/or transcription of correspondence and legal documents
· Experience with personal injury, employment, insurance, landlord/tenant, contract
· Specific direction will definitely be provided on all matters, but the self-starter, self -motivation is valued
· 3+ years of fulltime experience in paralegal capacity
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Ability to be independent and consistently meet deadlines
· Organized with follow-up and detail creation
· Ability to take the initiative, prioritize and multitask
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, PC Law
We appreciate all applications however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Contract length: 3 months
Expected start date: 2021-01-11
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Commission pay
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- litigation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Legal Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)