Junior Business Advisor
Calgary - Alberta (AB),
Estimated salary $22.73 an hour
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
As a Junior Business Advisor on our Claims Customer Experience team, you understand that upholding strong relationships with our customers and business partners is the key to success. Your ability to demonstrate service that is second to none will be critical as you act as an overall representative of the organization. As a natural self-starter with a fine eye for detail, you have a passion for using data to drive business decisions.
Here are a few ways you will make a difference:
- Collect, research, pull and organize data to answer specific business questions
- Perform basic to in-depth statistical analyses and compile reports
- Propose creative business solutions with respect to the project and make viable recommendations
- Effectively transform and communicate complex concepts, both orally and written, to various stakeholder groups (frontline to executive)
- Actively participate in planning processes, including technical design, development, testing and delivery of solutions
- Advocate change in the business as it relates to satisfying our strategic objectives and enhancing customer experience
- Collaborate with various stakeholders from frontline staff to business executives
- Utilize change management and project management techniques to take the lead on or assist in the implementation of sustainable changes
- Maintain and update existing reports within established timelines and SLAs
- 2+ years of claims insurance experience (asset)
- Demonstrated analyst experience
- Applied Project Management and Change Management experience
- STEM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) preferred
- Experience with Microsoft office and data visualization tools (Power BI, Excel, Access, Visio)
- Experience with process mapping
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on August 31, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.