Calgary - Alberta (AB),
Gail Urquhart Consulting
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
CALGARY PRO MUSICA SOCIETY
Calgary Pro Musica Society (www.calgarypromusica.ca) is a non-profit, registered charitable organization that encourages and celebrates chamber music. Our concerts feature world-renowned chamber ensembles performing in the beautiful Eckhardt-Gramatté Hall in the University of Calgary’s Rozsa Centre. We contribute to our community through meaningful music outreach and learning programs. Calgary Pro Musica has been providing exceptional value to audiences and enriching Calgary’s cultural life for over 40 years.
We are seeking an energetic and accomplished self-starter to work collaboratively with our Board and Artistic Director to lead Calgary Pro Musica to new levels of community engagement, fund development results and operational excellence.
This is a full time, two year renewable contract role operating from a home office. The role requires occasional non-standard work hours to accomodate the needs of volunteer committee meetings and Calgary Pro Musica concerts and events.
The Community Engagement & Operations Coordinator’s primary accountability is to create and implement high quality, consistent customer service systems and processes that support Pro Musica’s community engagement, audience development and fundraising strategies. This includes coordination of all communications, fund development and stewardship activities that lead to increased subscriber, sponsor and donor support as well as new audience acquisition and retention. Reporting to the Artistic Director and supporting members of a volunteer Board, this role will also be responsible for logistical coordination of Pro Musica’s concert series and events as well as the Society’s general administrative functions.
Working closely with the Artistic Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following deliverables:
Community Engagement and Fund Development
- Support and coordinate the activities of the Fund Development Committee of the Board
- Research, cultivate and solicit general purpose and/or project-specific funding through activities including, but not limited to:
- Grantseeking and proposal writing
- Concert and program sponsorship
- Concert subscription program
- Concert ticket sales
- Annual mail appeal
- Online giving
- Third party fundraising
- Planned giving
- Organize, recruit volunteers, complete license application, and act as Casino Chairperson for the Society’s casinos every 18 – 24 months
- Process and prepare correspondence for all sponsorships, annual subscriptions, grants and donations, issuing tax receipts where applicable in keeping with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines
- Maintain PatronManager database and coordinate the annual subscription renewal program
- Support communications activities including website updates, newsletter development and distribution, social media, press releases and event listings.
- Actively network and seek out opportunities to deliver community outreach presentations on Calgary Pro Musica
- Develop and implement a stewardship program to fulfil all benefits and recognition offered to sponsors, subscribers and donors
- Coordinate all front of house aspects of concerts and events
- Coordinate annual general meeting, annual volunteer appreciation luncheon and other events
- Provide primary operational oversight and customer service response to members, subscribers, donors, ticket purchasers, media, artists’ agencies, vendors and suppliers
- Monitor phone, email and website and respond to inquiries
- Manage all banking, accounts payable/receivable, investments, bookkeeping, financial statements preparation and regulatory filings for Artistic Director and/or Board Treasurer review and approval
- Provide primary support to Board meetings and activities including issuance of meeting notices, drafting of agendas and minutes and coordination of meeting logistics
- Maintain all Society assets in good order (equipment and supplies)
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUREMENTS:
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in an arts administration environment
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, with a high degree of tact, diplomacy and maturity
- Experience in donor relations and development
- Experience in digital marketing and social media
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, event or project management experience an asset
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Strong computer literacy encompassing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), QuickBooks (or other accounting software), PatronManager (or other CRM/ticketing database software).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision matched by a collaborative mindset and skill in maintaining information flow with key stakeholders
- Valid Alberta driver’s license
Applications may be submitted to Search Committee, at [email protected] This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Calgary Pro Musica appreciates all expressions of interest in our organization, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.